Saul Alinsky and subversion
(Politics) Saul Alinsky's book, Rules For Radicals, threatens to subvert the fabric of our society.
Read More
Mud slinging ads
(Politics) The Republican primary season has been underway for some time now, and it's really been getting nasty. I have a message for the candidates still in the race, and all their supporters (SuperPACs, this means you, too!): Stop the mudslinging! As I've mentioned, I live in Florida. Our state has been inundated with negative ads. I listen to talk radio during the day and I hear back to back negative ads ad nauseam.
Read More
South Carolina's voter ID law
(Law, Politics) Will someone please tell me why it's okay to require a photo ID to board a plane, to purchase alcohol or cigarettes, apply for food stamps or welfare, cash a check, open a bank account, etc. but heaven forbid we insist on a photo ID in order to cast a ballot, one of the most important things we do as citizens. It's ridiculous. AG Holder and those who are against these new photo ID laws claim they discriminate against minorities, but that's simply untrue. According to Chris Whitmire, a spokesman for the South Carolina State Election Commission, the law provides exemptions: for those who vote by absentee ballot, have a religious objection to having their photo taken, or due to a "reasonable impediment" like a physical disability. So if it's truly too difficult for you to provide a photo ID, vote by absentee.
Read More
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
(Government, Politics) Wish you could see the steam pouring out of my ears. The President has done something unprecedented. He's claimed a 'recess appointment' when the Congress wasn't officially in recess. All so he could bypass Congress and place Richard Cordray as director of the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. The Republicans have been holding "pro-forma" sessions every three days which met the constitutional requirement to avoid calling their winter break a recess.
Read More
Obamacare
(Government, Health, Law, Politics) Even though it hasn't been fully enacted yet, we're already feeling the early fallout from this disaster of a law. Insurance premiums have already risen, thanks to parts of the law already being enforced. For instance, insurance plans must now extend their dependent coverage to children up to the age of 26, well into adulthood. There have also been some preventive care measures that must now be fully covered by all plans. It's only going to get worse, people, as other parts of the law take effect.
Read More
PAGE  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >